Hi there! I’m Deborah Barber. And here’s a bit about who I am:
- Christian (totally in love with Jesus!).
- Wife (one husband–40 years and counting).
- Mother (three beautiful daughters and their wonderful husbands).
- Nana (seven precious grandchildren).
- Traveler (46 states and 15 countries so far, hopefully more soon).
- Writer (fiction, non-fiction, books, blogs, devotionals, journals, Bible studies).
- Speaker and teacher and whatever else God gives me to do.
I am passionate about a few things (my faith, my family, the written word, and all things travel) and grateful for many more. Health. Fidelity. Beauty. Time. Sunshine and flowers. Relationships. Opportunities to learn and grow. Hugs and snuggles and giggles. Books. Rainy days. Music. Sunrises and sunsets. Oceans waves. Bike rides and long walks.
Life is good. Definitely not perfect. But very good.
And yet, even in the middle of an amazingly blessed life I sometimes find myself struggling to claim the joy I know is my birthright. As I’ve traveled across the United States and to other countries, it has been obvious I’m not alone in this struggle. So many people are weighed down with the troubles of life, and joy is not even on their radar.
On the other hand, I’ve also met people who radiate a joy that is refreshing, inviting, and contagious. Surprisingly, these are often people who are right in the middle of challenges and difficult times. They’ve learned to rejoice in spite of trouble and sadness, not waiting for life to be perfect.
I hope to share some of their stories with you, as well as many of my own. This blog is a result of my heart’s cry to live rejoicing. To find joy on the journey–wherever the path might take me.
Thanks for coming along. And may God bless us with joy!